Just Released, Managing Online Forums
List Price: $24.00
Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: AMACOM (April 10, 2008)
Book Description (from the book's website): In this book, Patrick O’Keefe, owner of the iFroggy Network, shares his experiences in a straight forward, honest fashion and shows readers how to make the right decisions about every aspect of their forums, including:
- Creating an organizational structure
- Designing and launching their community
- Deciding on user options like avatars and private messaging
- Promoting and attracting members
- Utilizing technology to their benefit
- Developing and enforcing guidelines
- Choosing and managing moderators
- Shutting down users who disrupt and harm the community
- Involving their users and keeping the site interesting and inviting
- Generating revenue
What is talked about this book is not hypothetical - it consists of in use, battle-tested theories and solutions, making it so that when you must deal with these issues on your forums, you will be better equipped. Real life examples are cited throughout, including the actual user guidelines, staff member guidelines and more, from real communities.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Just Released, Managing Online Forums:
Thanks for the mention.
Posted by: Patrick O'Keefe | Apr 15, 2008 9:45:23 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.